At S.J. Gorowitz Accounting & Tax, P.C., we conduct ourselves with great commitment to our values, we care about one another and our clients, and we pursue the highest standards. Our team members are honest, kind, and fun. This is not your typical CPA firm. We genuinely enjoy one another and our clients, and believe that the best work gets done in a supportive, happy work environment.
Current Job Opportunity: Tax – Senior Accountant
The ideal applicant must possess 4-6+ years of current public accounting experience, including corporate and individual income tax preparation, tax planning, financial statement preparation and tax notice resolution.
This individual is a proactive self-starter with a strong work ethic, a desire to grow professionally and the capability to supervise staff and manage client projects. Position requires the ability to work with minimum supervision, meet deadlines and adjust to multiple work demands.
- Prepare moderate to complicated corporate and personal tax returns
- Analyze IRS notices and drafts responses
- Perform income tax research
- Prepare Financial Statement Compilations and Management Use Only financial statements
- Contribute to the client service team by producing attentive service
- Perform accounting functions, including recording adjusting general journal entries, analyzing accounts, overseeing fixed assets and depreciation, and completing trial balance to prepare tax returns
- Strong working knowledge of payroll, sales tax and property tax returns
- Interact closely with clients
Required Experience / Education
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Masters Degree and CPA preferred
- 4-6+ years current experience in a public accounting firm
- QuickBooks strong working knowledge (QB ProAdvisor a plus)
- Strong computer skills are a necessity including, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and Outlook) Lacerte Tax Software, CCH Tax Research, Practice Management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Eagerness to learn and work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven, team oriented environment
- Excellent references
We offer a superb compensation package including salary and benefits based upon qualifications and experience including retirement plan. Candidates receive continued training and quarterly mentoring and are encouraged in their professional growth and development.
Please reply with resume and salary requirements to: hr1@SJGorowitz.com
As SJG continues to earn awards and a reputation for excellence, we need great people. If you have what it takes to pursue a career with us, please submit your resume to HR1@SJGorowitz.com or fill out the form below.