Founding Principal and CEO
Stacey Gorowitz is a client advocate dedicated to turning numbers into opportunities. The founding Principal and CEO of S.J. Gorowitz Accounting & Tax Services, Gorowitz is an experienced CPA who has spent her career supporting the particular needs of expanding and emerging businesses and their owners.
Her broad knowledge and insistence on excellence was established during a successful career with Price Waterhouse, where she worked extensively with closely held businesses. In 1991, she founded SJG to give smaller, growth-oriented clients dedicated access to executive level accounting, tax and business advisory support.
Since that time, Gorowitz’s business acumen, integrity and the collective insight of her experienced team have earned the firm abiding client relationships and a reputation as one of the top accounting, tax and consulting firms in Atlanta. For her leadership, dedication to her profession and commitment to the community, Gorowitz has been awarded numerous accolades, including being awarded the Five Star Top Accounting & Estate Planning Professionals in Atlanta (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021). Under her leadership, SJG earned Best of North Atlanta-CPA Category (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020) and the Best of Alpharetta Award (2014) in the Accountants category. Gorowitz is recognized for approaching every relationship and situation with the highest level of effort, kindness and honesty.
Gorowitz earned a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting and a Master’s degree in Business Administration from the University of Miami. She works hard and plays hard. Outside of SJG, Gorowitz enjoys time with her husband and family. A self-proclaimed “foodie,” she enjoys traveling, biking and hiking.
Affiliations and Associations:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) PCPS Section Member
- Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants (GSCPA) Taxation Section Member
- Exit Planning Exchange (XPX) Atlanta
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Legacy Advisors
- Alpharetta Chamber of Commerce
- Greater North Fulton Chamber of Commerce
- Vistage CEO Organization (2008-2015)
Philanthropic Advisory Leadership Institute (PALI)
- Steering Committee (2012-2015)
- Graduate, Class of (2010-2011)
The Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta
- Balser Symposium-Steering Committee (2012-2015. 2020-2022)
- Balser Professional Advisors Council (BPAC) Giving Circle (2016)
- Investment Advisory Committee (2005-2010)
- Population Study Committee (2005)
- Professional Advisor Committee (PAC)
National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
- Treasurer (2006-2009, 1996-1999)
Professional Women’s Information Network, Inc. (ProWIN)
- Treasurer (2003-2004)
Congregation Dor Tamid/Congregation B’Nai Dorot
- Budget & Finance Committee (2012-2013, 2000-2007)
- Chairperson (2002-2003)
- Merger Exploration Committee (2003-2004)
- Trustee to Board of Directors (2000)
Selected Honors & Awards:
- Best of North Atlanta (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020)
- Five Star Professional – Top Accounting & Estate Tax Professional
(2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best of Alpharetta – Accountant Category (2014)
- Top Accounting Professional in Atlanta (2014)
- NAWBO WE Awards – Member of the Year (2008)
In a recent episode of Atlanta Franchise Today, Stacey Gorowitz, CPA and founder of S.J. Gorowitz Accounting and Tax Services PC, discusses the importance of how making decisions early on can impact the mid and longer-term success of your business. …
Don’t Leave Money on The Table. Does your CPA always wait until the last minute? Do they not get your returns filed until the due date and then you’re scrambling to review and make sure there are no errors?