SJ Gorowitz Accounting & Tax Services, P.C. is an award winning, boutique, CPA firm located in Alpharetta, GA supporting expanding and emerging businesses and their owners. With a great commitment to our values, we care about one another and our clients and we pursue the highest standards. Our team members are honest, kind and fun. This is not your typical CPA firm. We genuinely enjoy one another and our clients and believe that the best work gets done in a supportive, happy work environment.
We are seeking a full-time team member who enjoys collaboration and wants an opportunity to work in a professional CPA firm environment with diverse clientele. If you are a driven and enthusiastic professional with five years minimum experience in public accounting, joining the SJG team is a great opportunity to excel and continue your growth.
Some benefits of joining our team
• Do your best work in a collaborative, supportive, positive work environment
• Engage with clients who value our honesty, professionalism, dedication and experience
• Build genuine personal relationships with our people, partners and clients
• Be part of a team that celebrates the successes our clients and team
• Be empowered to seek real solutions to challenges, sticky situations or difficult issues
• Use your skill set to work across the entire accounting and tax cycle
• Work with confidence by taking advantage of continued education on critical issues impacting accounting and tax
The ideal applicant must possess 5+ years of current public accounting experience, including corporate and individual income tax preparation, tax planning, financial statement preparation and tax notice resolution.
This individual is a proactive self-starter with a strong work ethic, a desire to grow professionally and the capability to manage client projects and supervise staff. Position requires the ability to work with minimum supervision, meet deadlines and adjust to multiple work demands.
This individual is well-spoken, polished, professional in manner and appearance, detail oriented with multi-tasking ability, strong work ethic, a desire to grow professionally and be a team player.
• Prepare moderate to complicated corporate and personal tax returns
• Income Tax Projections and Tax Planning
• Analyze IRS notices and drafts responses
• Perform income tax research
• Perform accounting functions, including recording adjusting general journal entries, analyzing accounts, overseeing fixed assets and depreciation, and completing trial balance to prepare tax returns
• Contribute to the client service team by producing attentive service interacting closely with clients
• Strong working knowledge of payroll, sales tax and property tax returns
Required Experience / Education
• Certified Public Accountant
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Master’s Degree in Taxation or Masters in Professional Accounting preferred
• 5+ years current experience in a public accounting firm
• Strong computer skills are a necessity including, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and Outlook) Lacerte Tax Software, DMS, Tax Planner, Tax Research, Practice Management
• QuickBooks proficiency
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Eagerness to learn and work in a team oriented environment
• Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven, team oriented environment
• Excellent references
We offer a competitive compensation package including salary and benefits based upon qualifications and experience including retirement plan. Candidates receive continued training and quarterly mentoring and are encouraged in their professional growth and development.
Please reply with resume and salary requirements to: hr1@SJGorowitz.com